Well, three years later and they're still there. I decided that it was finally time to add a more bold, graphic print and get rid of the tired, traditional, bland existing curtains. I ran into Hancock Fabrics ( a local KC fabric store) on my lunch hour and saw this fabric:
Although the price was affordable,
I did not bite the bullet. Since I needed 5.5 yards of fabric, it would still be $82+. I begin searching for other fabrics but kept coming back to the giraffe print. The brown and creme colored pattern was perfect.
As luck would have it, the fabric was on sale over the Fourth of July weekend. I had been stalking Hancock Fabrics online for a few weeks and practically ran there when I saw that, not only was the fabric 40% off that week, everything in the store was an additional 15% off over the holiday weekend. My grand total was $42...not bad for two custom panels!
Although this fabric is upholstery fabric, I knew that it should be lined. We get a lot of sunlight through our sliding glass doors, so every little bit of added thermal protection helps. I picked up a white twin size flat sheet for just $5 to line the back of the curtains.
The fabric was a little wider than I needed, so I simply folded over the extra and adhered to the back. You could just cut off the access if you prefer.
I hung using the existing curtain rings and smiled at the fun pattern.
Look at the difference! And the final look:
If you'd like to see my DIY No-Sew Valance how-to CLICK HERE