We also finally got around to a little landscaping project. In the 11 months and 2 weeks that we've occupied this home (can't believe it's almost been a year!), we could not get the sod to grow evenly up against the back of our house.
This is what it looked like-
In case you were wondering, those were stakes in the photo above that we used to ensure we would keep a straight line.
Here is the area now clear of grass and ready for mulch.
Once we put some fresh soil, landscaping weed blocker fabric, mulch and bushes down, we lined the area with brick.
I'm really happy with the final result. However, the bushes are looking a little sad. They were full and beautiful when we brought them home from Home Depot but after a long lasting thunder/wind/hail storm with record wind speed, the bushes got a little beat up. I hope I can nurse them back to health soon.
We shall see.
Hope everyone had a great Monday. Love, S